Play Station 3 was released on 11th November 2006 in Japan, produced by Sony Computer Entertainment. It is a video game console which is enjoyable at home. Play Station 3 is the next generation gaming of Play station 2. It competes with many other well know home video game consoles of seventh generation such as Microsoft’s Xbox 3 and also Nintendo Wii. Although PS4 has also been launched but Ps3 is more use in market and therefore we are here with the guide to install windows 7/8/10 on ps3 which works for ps4 as well similar to installing linux for ps3.
Play station 3’s primary storage medium is Blu-ray disc; it is the first console to use this. It has identifiable features that includes, online gaming services named as Play Station Network and its connectivity with PlayStation Vita and Play Station Portable. In September 2009 it was updated Play station 3 slim. PlayStation slim is thinner and lighter version than that of the original one. It has notable features like marketing design and re-designed logo. By late 2012 Play Station 3 slim was refined to super slim design.
Play Station 3 has remarkable features of slot-loading 2x pace Blu-ray disc drive for games, DVDs, CDs, Blu-ray movies and other optical media. Its size varies from 20-500 GB. The system contains Bluetooth 2.0, HDMI 1.4, Gigabit Ethernet and USB built in on every recent shipping models.
How to Install Windows in Play Station 3
- Play Station 3 Firmware >3.55
- Memory Stick +4gb
- Files required to install windows OS in Play Station 3
Steps to be followed to install windows on Playstation 3
These steps are explained here, but if you find it difficult to understand you can go to the link provided below to get full guide where you can install any operating system on ps3.
- Install the latest CFW
- Place “PS3.UPDAT.PUP” in usb:\PS3\UPDADTE\
- Insert Usb in PS3
- Connect USB cable to Joypad
- Start PS3 in Recovery mode
- Then a normal boot has to be. After normally booting the PS3 you will try to update the files, but the files won’t be updated at that moment.
- To get the recovery menu, press and hold the power button, until the Play Station 3 gets on and then off again in a standby mode. Release the power button.
- After about 1-2 seconds press and hold the power button once again and release it when you hear 3 beep sounds. Release the power button only after hearing total 3 beep sounds.
- Connect a USB joypad and the controller with the help of the USB cable and then press the PS button.
- After options will be shown, select the system update option.
- Connect the storage media that contains 3.55 or later and then press the start and the select button at the same time.
- The system will start updating. Do not switch off the system until the update is 100% complete.
- After update is finished press the PS button with the help of a wireless device
- Then during the process the system would ask certain questions accept/ yes them all. After acceptance the system would start installing.
- After installation is finished go to recovery menu and select “Restore PS3 system” .
- Run setup_flash_for_otheros.pkg
- Run install_otheros.pkg
- Run boot_otheros.pkg
- Install and run reboot.pkg
- After the process you should be in petitboot now, then exit from CUI to switch into other virtual console.
Hence now enjoy PS3 in a different manner with all windows on it and make use of windows platform with all features.